Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Story Is About To Begin


Well - it's been a bit quiet of late... and that's partly due to the joy of having a new baby (who recently turned a huge 10 months old) - and partly because life's priorities have changed. More recently it's been because I have been away. Yes - returning for our 9th trip to Japan in 10 years. And this was one to remember - though I will post about the trip in my companion blog (www.JapaneseTies.blogspot.com) eventually....

The big news I guess is that whilst away I found myself in the rather unusual situation of getting a job on my holiday. To be fair, it was a job I had applied for prior to my holiday - but was actually interviewed on my travels, and found out the result whilst in Japan. And, as it turned out, I was successful. And where, pray tell, is my new job? Why of course - in Japan. And not just anywhere - but in Tokyo - one of the world's busiest and most amazing of cities in the world. So in about 3 - 4 months, a very different chapter in our family story will begin, and we will find ourselves living in Japan. I'm not sure how much time I will have to blog - but I hope to share at least some of the journey.

In the mean time, I hope you all had a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year... and that 2013 will bring many happy surprises to you all!

5 comments:

  1. That's great news! I hope the job works out and you and your family enjoy all that Tokyo has to offer. And, if you ever fancy the slower pace of life, come over to Shikoku!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarahf... looking forward to it - even if it's going to be a BIG change. And yes, Tokyo's not exactly for the sedentary lifestyle. Would definitely like to visit Shikoku - at least for a holiday (any suggestions re: time and place always appreciated).

      Delete
  2. Conrats! Happy new year and happy new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ben. I've tagged you in meme, if you'd like to play along.

    ReplyDelete