Saturday, December 4, 2010

Botanic Gardens Return Visit Pt 2... I've Gone Rose Crazy, CRAZY, COOOO-RAZEE!

1.

In a rather belated follow-up to the previous post on the International Rose Garden ... this time the roses were definitely in bloom.  On the day, I had snuck into Adelaide to take some photos of the rose garden in bloom. This was very much a trial and error thing with the Canon to try and practice taking flower photos. Some succeeded (maybe), but there were a lot that didn't.

Now I quite like roses, but I'm no rose aficionado. I didn't have a huge chance to go through the flowers in great detail however, and I'm kinda time-poor at the moment to do a lot of in-depth research (what a cop out). For those of you that are knowledgeable about roses, feel free to drop me some hints. Also, if you would like, let me know which are your favourite roses (and why).

This is definitely a great place to go if you like roeses, and there's 100's of different varieties on display (or very near to). Hope you enjoy (and perhaps find some relaxation value in looking through them anyhow).

2. 
  
3.

4. 


5. 

6. 

7. 

8. 

9. 

10. 

11.

12.

13. 

14. 

15. 

16. 

17. 

18.

19. 

20. 

21. 

22. 

23.

24.


3 comments:

  1. Nice shots. What Canon cam are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers... I recently bought a Canon EOS Kiss X3 in Japan (sold as a 500D internationally). It's an entry level DSLR... but given that we're still used to P&S cams, it was a huge step up. And I'm still on the learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. That's a nice camera. I haven't stepped up to a dslr yet. I'm jealous >.<

    ReplyDelete