Sunday, October 24, 2010

Introducing My Son, L-kun... Hajimemashite!


Hello all, I'd like to introduce you to my son, known here simply as L-kun... well... this isn't really the L-kun that we know most of the time as his parents... A more usual L-kun is shown below.


He's almost three and half years old, although at times it's felt like a blink of the eye.

L-kun was born here in Adelaide, although his mother was born and raised in Sapporo, Japan. She's a shy type, and as such she doesn't want her photo to plaster the inter-web. I'm a less shy sort (and basically lazy) - so you might see me popping up at times. Whilst I wasn't born in Adelaide, I'm a South Aussie born and bred.

And for those that don't know the geography of Australia, or Adelaide... here is a quick lesson:

And the city of Adelaide itself:


Adelaide is the capital city of South Australia, and with a population of about 1.3 million is the 5th largest city in Australia. It's a small city that's often considered a large town. That's a good and bad description - but also an accurate one. We are the Festival State, but our main claim to fame is our wine industry.

Why am I doing the blog... well, it's really about telling the story of a mixed family (half Aussie, half Japanese) being raised in Adelaide (hence the name). Actually I used to really like the movie, Raising Arizona - so perhaps that has something to do with the title. Anyway, this is a blog about us, but more specifically about L-kun.

I'll most probably be posting various blogs from our past, but if you want to see some of our adventures over in Japan... then please visit my other blog, Japanese Ties. In the meantime, this is the start of a new blog, so don't expect things to run smoothly (or even to remain constant). Hope you enjoy it, and don't hesitate to call on in and leave a comment or two.

3 comments:

  1. he look so cute!! Kawaii!! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to watch L-kun with my ladies! Charming chap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnx... he's a real ham in front of the camera... but is shy in front of everyone else. I'm sure he has a love-hate relationship, coz mum and dad tend to always be taking photos.

    As for the ladies... he likes older girls already. Poor fool!

    ReplyDelete